How to Create a Triggered Email Campaign
Let's say every time you add a new lead or contact, you want to send the lead/contact one or more emails. These emails could be FAQs about your company, orientation material, lists of nearby dealerships, etc. You can manually send these emails out or you can use BlueCamroo's Campaign Manager. Campaign Manager has a feature called "triggers". If a new lead or contact is added, this can be used to trigger Campaign Manager to launch a pre-defined campaign directed at the lead/contact who triggers the campaign. The campaign can then be built around one or more emails. Multiple emails can be delivered on some pre-defined time table.
This blog post will show you how to create a campaign that will launch when you add a new lead. The new lead will have one or more emails delivered to the new lead automatically. In this example we'll create a campaign that sends an email of a list of dealers when a new lead is added from a certain geographic location.
1) Click the Tools tab.
2) Click Campaign Manager.
3) Click the Setup button on the Left Pane Tool Bar.
4) Click the Events button on the Left Pane Tool Bar.
5) Click Add New Event.
6) Give your Event Trigger a name, select Subscriber and Signup Date. Click Save.
7) Click the Campaigns button on the Left Pane Tool Bar.
8) Click the Email Lists button on the Left Pane Tool Bar.
9) Click Create New Dynamic Email List. A dynamic email list is a list that will generate itself upon campaign launch. It will only include leads that match the list's logic.
10) Enter a name for your dynamic list. Select Leads to target this at new leads. You could also select Contacts and target it when new contacts are added to accounts.
11) Setup your criteria. In this How To we're only going to target new leads when they're added and those new leads reside in Florida. If you want the triggered campaign to be delivered to any new subscriber you could create this dynamic email and just leave the criteria blank.
12) Click Save when you're done.
13) Click the Add New button on the Left Pane Tool Bar.
14) Give your campaign a name, select Leads, and select Triggered by an Event.
15) Click Next.
16) Click the To the saved dynamic Email list radio button and select the email list you just created. In this example it was Dealers in your area.
17) Click Next.
18) Click Add Newsletter.
19) Give your newsletter a name. You'll need this to refer to it later.
20) Enter your email header particulars and enter your emails content. If you would like to create a text-only alternative, enter it as well. Click Save.
21) Click Next.
22) The Delivery page will default to By Event Trigger (as you selected this in step 14).
23) You still need to indicate which trigger will launch this campaign so click on Configure trigger for newsletter.
24) Use the Event Trigger to Use drop-down box to locate the trigger you created in step 6.
25) In the Send Days field (which is mandatory) enter 0 if you want the campaign to initiate as soon as a new lead is added or enter 1 or more days of lag time.
26) Since you can't predict when a triggered campaign will generate, you can exert some control by selecting options under Type of Day and Rounding Condition.
27) Click Save. Click Next.
28) You're almost ready to launch. Use the Send Test Email option to verify your email will look okay. Use the Other setting if you want to specify non-company emails for testing (for example hotmail, gmail, yahoo accounts).
29) Click Initiate Campaign. You will now see your campaign in the list of campaigns. It will remain initiated and send emails to new leads (and only newly added leads) until you delete this campaign.